Since 1551, this house has been owned by our family. When it had burnt down during the great fire in Old Rüdesheim in 1882, it was re-built in 1883, as it was before.
In the very same year, Kaiser Wilhelm inaugurated the national monument "Germania" at the top of
the Niederwald, and our hotel was named after the monument. In former times, our family operated
their own small brewery, the tradition of which is now continued in "Hajo's".